NEW ZEALAND VISITOR VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MALDIVES
What is a New Zealand Visitor Visa?
A New Zealand visitor visa is a type of travel document that allows citizens of the Maldives to enter and stay in New Zealand for up to nine months. The visa is valid for multiple entries, meaning you can leave and re-enter the country during your stay.
The visa also allows you to study or work in New Zealand for up to three months. However, if you wish to stay longer than nine months or take up employment, you must apply for a different type of visa.
Requirements for Obtaining a New Zealand Visitor Visa
In order to obtain a New Zealand visitor visa, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. These include:
- You must be a citizen of the Maldives.
- You must have a valid passport with at least six months validity remaining.
- You must have sufficient funds to cover your expenses while in New Zealand.
- You must have proof of onward travel arrangements (e.g., return ticket).
- You must not have any criminal convictions.
You may also be required to provide additional documents depending on your individual circumstances.
Application Process for a New Zealand Visitor Visa
The application process for a New Zealand visitor visa is relatively straightforward.
- Complete the online application form on the Immigration New Zealand website.
- Pay the applicable fee using a credit card or PayPal account.
- Submit supporting documents as required by Immigration New Zealand.
- Wait for your application to be processed (usually within 10 working days).
eTA New Zealand
Citizens of the Maldives who wish to visit New Zealand are now required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (eTA) prior to their arrival in the country.
eTA New Zealand is an electronic travel authorization that allows eligible travelers from certain countries, including the Maldives, to enter and transit through New Zealand without having to apply for a traditional visa. The eTA is valid for two years and allows multiple entries into the country during this period.