Discover Kenya's Beauty with Ease – Your eVisa Adventure Awaits!
What is Kenya eVisa?
Embark on an unforgettable journey to the heart of Africa with Kenya eVisa – a convenient and user-friendly way to obtain your travel permit to this breathtaking destination. Kenya eVisa is an official electronic visa issued by the Kenyan government for travelers who wish to visit the country for tourism, business, or transit purposes. With this innovative solution, you can apply for your visa online, without having to visit an embassy or consulate, making your travel planning process smoother than ever.
Designed to streamline your visa application, Kenya eVisa offers quick processing times and is available to citizens of over 140 countries. Simply fill out an online application, upload the necessary documents, and pay the fees using a secure payment platform. In most cases, you will receive your eVisa approval within 2 to 5 working days. Once granted, your Kenya eVisa will be valid for a single-entry stay of up to 90 days, giving you ample time to explore Kenya’s wildlife-rich national parks, pristine beaches, and vibrant cultural heritage. Don’t wait – let your Kenya adventure begin with eVisa!
Table of Contents
Kenya eVisa types:
Kenya offers various eVisa types to cater to the diverse needs of travelers from around the globe. Knowing the right type of eVisa for your travel purpose is essential for a seamless experience. The main types of Kenya eVisa include:
- Tourist eVisa: Perfect for travelers seeking to explore Kenya’s majestic landscapes, this visa is designed for tourism, family visits, and medical treatment. With a validity of 90 days, it grants a single entry into the country, allowing ample time to discover its natural wonders and vibrant culture.
- Business eVisa: Aimed at professionals attending conferences, seminars, or conducting business negotiations, this eVisa facilitates short-term business-related trips. Like the Tourist eVisa, it is valid for 90 days and permits a single entry.
- Transit eVisa: If you have a layover in Kenya en route to another destination, the Transit eVisa grants permission to stay in the country for up to 72 hours. This visa type is ideal for travelers who want to make the most of their short stopover in Kenya.
While applying for a Kenya eVisa, make sure to choose the appropriate type based on your travel intentions. Remember that all eVisa applications require a valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity from the date of entry into Kenya. Additionally, you must provide supporting documents such as travel itineraries, accommodation bookings, or invitation letters, depending on the eVisa type. Enjoy a hassle-free journey to this fascinating country by selecting the right Kenya eVisa type!
To ensure a smooth and successful Kenya eVisa application, it’s crucial to meet all the necessary requirements set by the Kenyan government. Carefully preparing your documents will save you time and minimize the risk of application rejection. Key eVisa requirements include:
- Valid Passport: All applicants must have a passport with at least six months of remaining validity from the date of entry into Kenya. Additionally, you will need to provide a clear, scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page.
- Passport-sized Photo: A recent, digital passport-sized photo with a white background is required. Ensure that your face is clearly visible, and you are not wearing any headgear or sunglasses.
- Proof of Accommodation: Provide a copy of your hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from a Kenyan resident, confirming your accommodation during your stay.
- Travel Itinerary: Submit a detailed itinerary outlining your travel plans within Kenya, including dates, locations, and activities.
- Email Address: An active email address is necessary to receive your approved eVisa and any communication regarding your application.
- Payment Method: Have a valid credit or debit card on hand to pay the eVisa processing fee.
Additional documentation may be required depending on the eVisa type and the applicant’s nationality. For instance, business eVisa applicants may need to provide an invitation letter from a Kenyan organization, while transit eVisa applicants should submit proof of onward travel. Ensure you double-check the requirements specific to your situation and submit all necessary documents for a hassle-free Kenya eVisa application process.
How to apply for eVisa Kenya
Applying for a Kenya eVisa has never been easier, thanks to the user-friendly online application process. To help guide you through the procedure, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official Kenya eVisa website: Access the official eVisa portal provided by the Kenyan government to begin your application.
- Create an account: Register for a new account using your email address and a secure password. You will receive a confirmation email to activate your account.
- Choose your eVisa type: Select the appropriate eVisa type based on your travel purpose, such as Tourist, Business, or Transit eVisa.
- Fill out the application form: Provide accurate and up-to-date personal information, travel details, and passport information. Double-check all entries before submission.
- Upload required documents: Attach the necessary digital documents, such as a scanned passport copy, passport-sized photo, proof of accommodation, and travel itinerary.
- Pay the eVisa fee: Use a valid credit or debit card to pay the non-refundable processing fee for your eVisa application.
- Receive your eVisa: After successful payment, your application will be processed. You can expect to receive your approved eVisa via email within 2 to 5 working days.
- Print your eVisa: Once you have received your eVisa, print a hard copy to present upon arrival in Kenya, along with your passport.
Following these steps will ensure a smooth and efficient Kenya eVisa application process. Remember to apply well in advance of your trip, as processing times may vary. With your Kenya eVisa in hand, you’ll be ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure in this captivating country!
Understanding the validity period of your Kenya eVisa is crucial for a seamless travel experience. Once your eVisa is issued, you must enter Kenya within the specified validity window to avoid complications at the border. The validity period differs depending on the type of eVisa:
- Tourist and Business eVisa: Both the Tourist and Business eVisas are valid for 90 days from the date of issue. These single-entry visas grant you a stay of up to 90 days in Kenya, allowing ample time to explore the country or conduct business activities. However, if you need to extend your stay, you can apply for a visa extension at the local immigration office before your current eVisa expires.
- Transit eVisa: The Transit eVisa has a shorter validity period, allowing you to stay in Kenya for a maximum of 72 hours. This visa is ideal for travelers with layovers in Kenya or those looking to explore the country briefly before continuing their journey.
It is essential to plan your trip according to the Kenya eVisa validity period to avoid overstaying or facing entry issues. Ensure you enter and exit the country within the allowed timeframe, and if necessary, apply for a visa extension or a new eVisa to continue your stay. By adhering to the Kenya eVisa validity guidelines, you can enjoy a hassle-free journey and make the most of your time in this incredible destination.
The Kenya eVisa application form is an essential part of the online visa application process. This user-friendly form collects necessary information about applicants to determine their eligibility for entry into Kenya. The form is divided into several sections, each requiring accurate and up-to-date information:
- Personal Information: Provide your full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, and other relevant details as they appear on your passport.
- Passport Details: Enter your passport number, date of issue, expiration date, and issuing authority. Make sure your passport has at least six months of remaining validity from your planned date of entry into Kenya.
- Contact Information: Supply your email address, phone number, and residential address to enable communication regarding your eVisa application.
- Travel Information: Indicate your intended travel dates, purpose of visit, and the type of eVisa you are applying for (Tourist, Business, or Transit).
- Additional Questions: Depending on the eVisa type and your nationality, you may be required to answer additional questions about your health, employment, or travel history.
It’s crucial to double-check all the information provided in the Kenya eVisa application form, as errors or discrepancies can lead to processing delays or even rejection of your application. Upon completion of the form, you will be prompted to upload the required documents and pay the eVisa processing fee. By carefully filling out the application form and ensuring all details are accurate, you’ll be one step closer to embarking on your unforgettable Kenyan adventure!
Here’s a summary of the most important facts about the Kenya eVisa:
- Official Electronic Visa: Kenya eVisa is an official travel document issued by the Kenyan government for travelers who wish to visit the country for tourism, business, or transit purposes.
- Online Application: The eVisa application process is entirely online, eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate in person.
- Types of eVisa: Kenya offers various eVisa types, including Tourist, Business, and Transit eVisas, catering to different travel purposes.
- Eligible Countries: Over 140 countries are eligible to apply for a Kenya eVisa, making it accessible to a wide range of travelers.
- Processing Time: In most cases, eVisa applications are processed within 2 to 5 working days, ensuring a quick turnaround.
- Validity Period: Tourist and Business eVisas are valid for 90 days from the date of issue, while Transit eVisas allow a stay of up to 72 hours in Kenya.
- Requirements: Key requirements for Kenya eVisa include a valid passport, a recent passport-sized photo, proof of accommodation, travel itinerary, a valid email address, and a suitable payment method for the processing fee.
- Entry and Stay: Kenya eVisas grant a single-entry stay in the country, with the option to extend the visa at a local immigration office if needed.
Armed with these essential facts about the Kenya eVisa, you can confidently plan your trip to this incredible destination, knowing that your visa application process will be smooth and hassle-free.
Eligible countries for Kenya eVisa
- Antigua and Bermuda
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo Democratic Republic
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- French Guyana
- Guinea Bissau
- Hong Kong SAR
- Korea, North (DPR)
- Korea, South
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Palestinian Territories
- Pacific Isles
- Saint Christopher Cape
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Southern Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Timor East
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
Frequently asked questions
1. What is Kenya eVisa?
Kenya eVisa is an online visa application system that allows foreign nationals to apply for and obtain a visa to enter Kenya before their travel. It is an alternative to the traditional visa application process which requires visiting a Kenyan embassy or consulate in person.
2. Who is eligible for Kenya eVisa?
Foreign nationals who wish to visit Kenya for tourism, business, or medical reasons are eligible for Kenya eVisa. However, citizens of certain countries are not eligible for eVisa and must apply for a traditional visa at a Kenyan embassy or consulate.
3. How long does it take to process a Kenya eVisa application?
The processing time for Kenya eVisa application is typically 2-3 business days. However, it may take longer in some cases if additional documentation is required or if there is a high volume of applications being processed.
4. What is the validity period of a Kenya eVisa?
The validity period of a Kenya eVisa is 90 days from the date of issue. This means that the holder of the eVisa must enter Kenya within 90 days of the visa's issuance date.
5. Can I extend my Kenya eVisa?
No, it is not possible to extend a Kenya eVisa. If you wish to stay in Kenya for a longer period, you will need to leave the country and apply for a new visa from outside of Kenya.
6. Can I use my Kenya eVisa for multiple entries?
No, a Kenya eVisa is a single-entry visa. Once you leave Kenya, you will need to apply for a new eVisa if you wish to enter the country again. However, there is an option to apply for a multiple-entry visa at a Kenyan embassy or consulate.
7. What are the requirements for applying for a Kenya eVisa?
The requirements for applying for a Kenya eVisa include a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining, a recent passport-sized photograph, and a completed online application form. Additional requirements may vary depending on the purpose of your visit and your nationality.
8. What is the cost of a Kenya eVisa?
The cost of a Kenya eVisa varies depending on the purpose of your visit and your nationality. As of March 2023, the standard processing fee for a single-entry eVisa for tourism, business, or medical purposes ranges from $51 to $101, depending on the applicant's nationality.
9. Can I apply for a Kenya eVisa upon arrival?
No, it is not possible to apply for a Kenya eVisa upon arrival. All visitors to Kenya must have a valid visa before they arrive in the country. Failure to have a valid visa may result in denied entry or deportation.
10. Where can I apply for a Kenya eVisa?
You can apply for a Kenya eVisa online at the official eVisa portal of the Kenyan government. The application process is entirely online, and you will receive your eVisa via email once your application is approved.