Unlock the Gateway to Vietnam's Wonders – Apply for Your eVisa Today!
What is Vietnam eVisa?
The eVisa Vietnam is a convenient, electronic alternative to the traditional visa, allowing eligible foreign travelers to enter and explore the fascinating country of Vietnam. Introduced by the Vietnamese government to simplify and streamline the visa application process, the eVisa is available for tourism, business, and other short-term visit purposes. By obtaining an eVisa, visitors can enjoy Vietnam’s vibrant culture, bustling cities, and diverse landscapes without the need to visit a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
Applying for an eVisa Vietnam is a quick and easy online process that can be completed from the comfort of your home or office. Eligible applicants need to submit an online application form with accurate personal information, passport details, and a digital passport-sized photo. Once the application is submitted and the processing fee is paid, the eVisa is usually issued within a few business days. The eVisa is sent directly to the applicant’s email and must be printed out and presented upon arrival in Vietnam, along with a valid passport. With an eVisa, visitors can experience the wonders of Vietnam, from the captivating history of Hanoi to the breathtaking beauty of Halong Bay.
Table of Contents
Vietnam eVisa types:
There are several eVisa Vietnam types designed to accommodate different travel purposes and durations. These visa types cater to the diverse needs of travelers, ensuring a hassle-free visit to Vietnam. The main types of eVisas for Vietnam include:
- Tourist eVisa: This is the most common eVisa type, issued to travelers visiting Vietnam for tourism purposes. The Tourist eVisa generally grants a single entry and allows for a stay of up to 30 days. It is perfect for exploring the country’s rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant cities.
- Business eVisa: Designed for individuals engaging in short-term business activities, this eVisa type allows for multiple entries and a maximum stay of up to 30 days per entry. The Business eVisa is suitable for attending conferences, business meetings, and other work-related events.
- Transit eVisa: For travelers who only need to transit through Vietnam, the Transit eVisa is the most suitable option. This visa type allows for a brief stay in the country, typically up to 48 hours, before continuing to the traveler’s final destination.
When applying for an eVisa Vietnam, it is crucial to select the appropriate visa type that corresponds to the purpose of your visit. This ensures a smooth entry into the country and compliance with Vietnamese immigration regulations. Always double-check the specific entry and stay requirements for your nationality and the visa type you need, as these may vary.
When planning a trip to Vietnam, it is essential to be aware of the eVisa Vietnam requirements to ensure a smooth and hassle-free entry into the country. The eVisa is a convenient option for travelers from eligible countries, as it allows them to apply online and receive their visa electronically. The whole process is quick and straightforward, and it eliminates the need for a visit to the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate.
Firstly, an applicant must possess a valid passport with at least six months’ validity remaining from their intended date of entry into Vietnam. A recent passport-sized photo in digital format is also required, as well as a valid email address to receive the eVisa. Travelers should also provide information about their intended entry and exit points in Vietnam, as the eVisa is valid for specific ports of entry. Moreover, applicants need to pay a non-refundable fee using a credit or debit card. It is crucial to double-check all the provided information before submitting the application, as any errors can lead to the rejection of the eVisa. The processing time usually takes 3-5 business days, and once approved, the eVisa is sent to the applicant’s email address. Travelers must print the eVisa and present it upon arrival in Vietnam, along with their passport.
How to apply for Vietnam eVisa
Applying for an eVisa Vietnam is a simple and convenient process for travelers who wish to visit the country for tourism, business, or other purposes. The eVisa is a single-entry visa that allows for a stay of up to 30 days and is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. To apply for an eVisa, follow these steps:
- Check your eligibility: Ensure that your nationality is eligible for an eVisa by checking the list of countries on the Vietnamese government’s official website. Currently, citizens of 80 countries can apply for an eVisa.
- Prepare necessary documents: Gather the required documents, which include a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining validity and a recent passport-sized photo in digital format (JPEG or PNG).
- Complete the application form: Fill out the online application form with your personal information, travel details, and passport information. Double-check all the details before submission to avoid any errors.
- Pay the fee: Pay the eVisa processing fee using a credit or debit card. The fee is generally around 25 USD and is non-refundable.
- Receive your eVisa: After the processing time of approximately 3 working days, you will receive your eVisa via email. Print it out and present it at the airport upon arrival in Vietnam.
It is important to note that the eVisa is only valid for entry at 28 designated international border gates, including airports, seaports, and land border crossings. Before applying, make sure that your planned point of entry is on the list of approved gates. Additionally, the eVisa is not available for travelers entering Vietnam for diplomatic or official purposes – they should apply for a separate visa type. Finally, if you plan to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days or require multiple entries, you will need to apply for a different type of visa, such as a tourist visa or business visa, through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
The eVisa Vietnam is a fantastic and convenient way for travelers to obtain permission to enter the country without the hassle of going to an embassy or consulate. One of the most important aspects to consider when applying for an eVisa is its validity period. The validity period of an eVisa Vietnam is 30 days from the date of entry. This means that visitors must enter Vietnam within 30 days from the date of issue, and once they have entered, they can stay for up to 30 days.
It is essential to plan your trip accordingly, as the eVisa cannot be extended or renewed while in Vietnam. If you wish to stay in the country for a longer period, you will need to apply for a different type of visa or leave the country and apply for a new eVisa. Keep in mind that the eVisa is valid for single entry, meaning that if you exit Vietnam during your 30-day stay, you will not be able to re-enter using the same eVisa. In such cases, you will need to apply for a new eVisa or a different type of visa that allows multiple entries. Also, ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Vietnam, as this is a requirement for the eVisa application.
The eVisa Vietnam application form is a straightforward and convenient process that allows travelers from eligible countries to obtain a visa for Vietnam online. With just a few simple steps, applicants can secure their eVisa and be on their way to exploring the beautiful landscape and rich culture of Vietnam. The eVisa application process involves:
- Completing the online application form: Applicants must fill in their personal details, passport information, and travel plans. They should ensure that all the provided information is accurate to avoid any delays or complications.
- Uploading required documents: A digital copy of the applicant’s passport and a recent passport-sized photo must be uploaded. In some cases, additional documents may be required, such as proof of accommodation or a letter of invitation.
- Payment of the eVisa fee: After completing the application form and uploading the necessary documents, applicants need to pay the eVisa processing fee using a valid credit or debit card.
- Receiving the eVisa via email: Once the application is approved, the eVisa will be sent to the applicant’s email address. It is essential to print the eVisa and carry it with the passport during the trip to Vietnam.
It is important to note that the eVisa Vietnam is only available for travelers from 80 eligible countries, and the visa is valid for a maximum stay of 30 days with a single entry. The eVisa must be used within its validity period, which starts from the date of issue. Before starting the application process, travelers should ensure that their passports have at least 6 months’ validity from the date of arrival in Vietnam. Additionally, travelers should apply for their eVisa at least 3 business days before their planned trip to allow for sufficient processing time.
eVisa Vietnam is an interesting topic, especially for those planning to travel to this beautiful Southeast Asian country. Here are some key facts about the Vietnam eVisa:
- Online application: The eVisa is a type of visa that allows you to apply online, making the process more convenient and faster compared to traditional visa applications.
- Eligible countries: Not all nationalities are eligible for the Vietnam eVisa. It is essential to check if your country is on the list of eligible countries before applying.
- Single entry: The eVisa for Vietnam is valid for a single entry, meaning that if you leave the country, you will need a new eVisa to re-enter.
- Duration of stay: The eVisa allows you to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days, which is perfect for tourists or short-term business travelers.
- Processing time: The processing time for an eVisa application is typically 3-5 business days, but it can take longer during peak travel seasons or due to other unforeseen circumstances.
- Fees: There is a non-refundable application fee for the eVisa. The cost may vary depending on your nationality and the platform you use to apply.
- Port of entry: The Vietnam eVisa is valid for entry through specific international airports, seaports, and land border checkpoints. Make sure to check which ports of entry accept the eVisa before planning your trip.
- Passport validity: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your planned date of entry into Vietnam to be eligible for an eVisa.
- Documents required: During the application process, you will need to provide a digital copy of your passport’s personal details page, a recent passport-sized photo, and a valid email address.
- Printed copy: Once your eVisa is approved, it is recommended to print a copy and carry it with you during your trip to Vietnam, as immigration officers may ask to see it upon arrival.
In summary, the eVisa Vietnam provides a convenient and efficient way to obtain a visa for tourism or short-term business purposes. Be sure to check your eligibility, required documents, and applicable fees to ensure a smooth application process.
Eligible countries for Vietnam eVisa
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- East Timor
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Frequently asked questions
1. What is an eVisa for Vietnam?
An eVisa for Vietnam is an electronic visa that allows foreign visitors to enter Vietnam for tourism, business, or other purposes. It is obtained online, eliminating the need to visit a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in person.
2. How do I apply for a Vietnamese eVisa?
To apply for a Vietnamese eVisa, visit the official Vietnam eVisa website, fill out the online application form with your personal information, and upload a passport-sized photo and a copy of your passport's biographical page. After paying the processing fee, wait for the approval letter to be sent to your email.
3. How long does it take to process an eVisa for Vietnam?
The processing time for a Vietnamese eVisa is usually 3 working days. However, in some cases, it may take longer, especially during peak travel seasons or if additional documents are required.
4. How long is a Vietnamese eVisa valid for?
A Vietnamese eVisa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Vietnam. It is a single-entry visa, which means you can only enter Vietnam once using this visa.
5. What are the requirements for a Vietnamese eVisa photo?
The photo requirements for a Vietnamese eVisa are: a recent passport-sized photo taken within the last 6 months, a white or light-colored background, a full-face view looking directly at the camera, and no hats or sunglasses. The photo should be in JPEG format and not exceed 2MB in size.
6. Can I extend my stay in Vietnam with an eVisa?
Yes, you can apply for an extension of your Vietnamese eVisa at the local immigration office in Vietnam. However, the extension is subject to approval and might require additional fees.
7. Do I need to print my Vietnamese eVisa?
Yes, you should print a copy of your Vietnamese eVisa approval letter and carry it with you when you travel. You will need to present it to the immigration officer upon arrival in Vietnam.
8. Will I get a refund if my Vietnamese eVisa application is rejected?
No, the processing fee for a Vietnamese eVisa is non-refundable, regardless of whether your application is approved or rejected.
9. Can I apply for a Vietnamese eVisa if I have a passport from a country not listed on the eligible countries list?
No, if your country is not on the list of eligible countries for a Vietnamese eVisa, you will need to apply for a visa through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate or obtain a visa on arrival (if eligible).
10. Can I use my Vietnamese eVisa for multiple entries into Vietnam?
No, a Vietnamese eVisa is valid for a single entry only. If you plan to visit Vietnam multiple times, you should apply for a multiple-entry visa through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate, or obtain a visa on arrival (if eligible).