Discover Tanzania with Ease: Your eVisa Adventure Awaits!
What is Tanzania eVisa?
Embark on a captivating journey to the land of unparalleled wildlife, pristine beaches, and rich cultural heritage with the Tanzania eVisa. The Tanzania eVisa is an electronic visa that allows international travelers to obtain their entry permit to Tanzania quickly and efficiently. Say goodbye to tedious paperwork and long queues at the embassy! With this online application process, you’re one step closer to experiencing the breathtaking beauty of Tanzania’s national parks, the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro, and the enchanting island of Zanzibar.
The Tanzania eVisa application is convenient and user-friendly, designed to streamline your travel plans. It caters to tourists, business travelers, and even transit passengers. All you need is a valid passport, a digital photo, and a few essential details to apply. Once approved, your eVisa will be sent directly to your email, and you can present it to immigration officials upon arrival. Don’t let the complexities of traditional visa applications hold you back. Embrace the ease of the Tanzania eVisa and embark on an unforgettable African adventure!
Table of Contents
Tanzania eVisa types:
There are several Tanzania eVisa types to cater to the diverse needs of international travelers. These eVisa types have been carefully designed to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for all visitors. Here is a quick rundown of the different types of Tanzania eVisas:
- Tourist eVisa: Perfect for those who wish to explore Tanzania’s vibrant culture, incredible wildlife, and stunning landscapes. This single-entry visa is valid for 90 days and is the most popular choice for vacationers.
- Business eVisa: Designed for professionals attending conferences, workshops, or business meetings. This single-entry visa grants a stay of up to 90 days, allowing you to conduct business in a thriving African economy.
- Transit eVisa: Ideal for travelers who need to pass through Tanzania en route to another destination. This visa permits a short stay of up to 7 days, providing a perfect opportunity to catch a glimpse of Tanzania’s beauty.
- Medical eVisa: Tailored for those seeking medical treatment in Tanzania. This single-entry visa is valid for 90 days and ensures patients can access quality healthcare during their stay.
Each eVisa type has specific requirements and documentation that need to be provided during the online application process. It’s crucial to choose the correct eVisa based on your travel purpose to ensure a seamless entry into Tanzania. With a suitable Tanzania eVisa in hand, you’re all set to embark on an unforgettable journey through this magnificent country!
Meeting the Tanzania eVisa requirements is a crucial step in ensuring a smooth and enjoyable trip to this mesmerizing country. Having the proper documentation and following the guidelines can save you time and avoid any unnecessary complications. Here are the essential requirements you need to fulfill for a successful eVisa application:
- Valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your intended arrival in Tanzania.
- Passport-sized photo: A recent digital passport-sized photograph with a white background is required. Make sure your face is clearly visible and without any head coverings, unless for religious reasons.
- Travel itinerary: You may be asked to provide details of your travel plans, including accommodation bookings and a return or onward ticket.
- Payment method: A valid credit or debit card is necessary to pay the eVisa fee during the online application process.
- Email address: Provide a valid email address to receive your eVisa and any related correspondence.
Keep in mind that additional documents may be required depending on the type of Tanzania eVisa you apply for. For example, a business eVisa might require an invitation letter from a Tanzanian company, while a medical eVisa might need a letter from a healthcare provider. By ensuring you meet all the eVisa requirements and provide accurate information, you’re well on your way to a hassle-free and memorable Tanzanian adventure!
How to apply for Tanzania eVisa
Applying for a Tanzania eVisa has never been easier, thanks to the user-friendly online application process. By following these straightforward steps, you can secure your eVisa and embark on an unforgettable journey to this incredible country:
- Choose the right eVisa type: Based on your travel purpose, select the appropriate eVisa category, such as tourist, business, transit, or medical.
- Complete the online application: Fill out the online application form with accurate personal information, travel details, and other required information. Double-check your entries for any errors before submitting the form.
- Upload necessary documents: Provide digital copies of your valid passport, passport-sized photo, and any additional documents required for your specific eVisa type.
- Pay the eVisa fee: Use a valid credit or debit card to pay the non-refundable eVisa fee. The fee amount may vary depending on your eVisa type and nationality.
- Receive your eVisa via email: After your application is reviewed and approved, you will receive your eVisa as a PDF attachment via email. Be sure to print it out and carry it with you when you travel.
It’s essential to submit your Tanzania eVisa application at least ten days before your intended arrival date to allow sufficient processing time. Remember that incomplete or incorrect applications can lead to delays or even denial of your eVisa. By diligently following the application process and ensuring all the necessary requirements are met, you can look forward to a smooth and enjoyable Tanzanian adventure!
Understanding the Tanzania eVisa validity period is essential for planning your travel itinerary and ensuring you make the most of your time in this incredible country. The validity period of your eVisa depends on the type of eVisa you obtain and dictates the duration of your stay in Tanzania. Familiarizing yourself with these details can help you avoid any complications during your trip.
For most eVisa types, including the tourist, business, and medical eVisas, the validity period is 90 days from the date of issuance. These visas grant you a single entry into Tanzania, allowing you to stay for up to 90 days. However, the transit eVisa has a shorter validity period, permitting a stay of up to 7 days. It is crucial to keep track of your eVisa’s validity period to avoid overstaying, which could result in fines, deportation, or even a ban on future travel to Tanzania. By being aware of your Tanzania eVisa validity period and respecting the country’s immigration rules, you can enjoy a worry-free and memorable adventure in this captivating land.
The Tanzania eVisa application form is an integral part of the online visa application process. This user-friendly form is designed to collect essential information about you and your travel plans, helping the Tanzanian authorities process your visa request efficiently. When completing the application form, pay close attention to each section and provide accurate details. Below are some key aspects of the Tanzania eVisa application form:
- Personal information: You’ll need to provide your full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, and other basic information as it appears on your passport.
- Passport details: Enter your passport number, date of issue, and expiration date. Double-check these details to avoid any discrepancies.
- Contact information: Provide a valid email address, phone number, and your current residential address.
- Travel plans: Share your intended date of arrival, the purpose of your visit, and the type of visa you’re applying for.
- Additional questions: You may be asked about your occupation, travel history, or other relevant information depending on your eVisa type and individual circumstances.
Accuracy and completeness are crucial when filling out the Tanzania eVisa application form. Any errors or discrepancies can lead to delays in processing your application or even denial of your visa. By carefully providing all the requested information, you can ensure a smooth application process and look forward to an unforgettable Tanzanian experience!
Here’s a summary of the most important facts about the Tanzania eVisa that you need to keep in mind for a successful and enjoyable trip:
- Convenient online application: The Tanzania eVisa allows you to apply for your entry permit online, eliminating the need for visits to the embassy or long queues upon arrival.
- Diverse eVisa types: Tanzania eVisas cater to various travel purposes, including tourism, business, transit, and medical visits.
- Validity period: Most Tanzania eVisas are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, while the transit eVisa allows a 7-day stay.
- Essential requirements: A valid passport, digital passport-sized photo, travel itinerary, payment method, and valid email address are among the key requirements for a Tanzania eVisa application.
- Application process: Complete the online application form, upload the necessary documents, pay the eVisa fee, and receive your eVisa via email.
- Processing time: It’s recommended to submit your eVisa application at least ten days before your intended arrival in Tanzania.
- Single entry: Most Tanzania eVisas grant a single entry into the country, allowing you to stay for up to 90 days, depending on your eVisa type.
- Accuracy is crucial: Ensure all the information provided on your application form is accurate and complete to avoid delays or visa denial.
By familiarizing yourself with these essential Tanzania eVisa facts, you can ensure a hassle-free application process and enjoy a memorable adventure in this enchanting African nation!
Eligible countries for Tanzania eVisa
- American Samoa
- Aruba (NL)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana (FR)
- French Polynesia (FR)
- Greenland (DK)
- Guam (US)
- Korea, North (DPR)
- Korea, South
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Pitcairn Islands
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sint Maarten (FR/NL)
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- South Sudan
- U.S. Virgin Islands (US)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
- Western Sahara
Frequently asked questions
1. What is a Tanzania eVisa?
A Tanzania eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows eligible foreign nationals to enter and travel within Tanzania for tourism, business, or transit purposes. It is an online alternative to obtaining a visa through a Tanzanian embassy or consulate.
2. Who is eligible for a Tanzania eVisa?
Citizens from eligible countries, including most European, American, and Asian countries, can apply for a Tanzania eVisa. You can check the full list of eligible countries on the official Tanzania eVisa website.
3. How can I apply for a Tanzania eVisa?
You can apply for a Tanzania eVisa by visiting the official Tanzania eVisa website, completing the online application form, uploading the required documents, and paying the visa fee using a credit or debit card. After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to track the status of your application.
4. What documents do I need to apply for a Tanzania eVisa?
You will need a valid passport with at least six months' validity from the date of entry, a recent passport-sized photograph, a copy of your return/onward travel ticket, and proof of accommodation for your stay in Tanzania. Additional documents may be required depending on your travel purpose and country of residence.
5. How long does it take to get a Tanzania eVisa?
The processing time for a Tanzania eVisa typically takes up to 10 business days. However, it is advisable to apply at least two weeks before your intended travel date to allow for any delays or additional processing time.
6. How much does a Tanzania eVisa cost?
The cost of a Tanzania eVisa varies depending on the type of visa and the applicant's nationality. For most nationalities, a single-entry tourist eVisa costs $50, while a multiple-entry business eVisa costs $100. Transit eVisas cost $30. Additional processing fees may apply.
7. How long is a Tanzania eVisa valid for?
A Tanzania eVisa is generally valid for 90 days from the date of issue. A single-entry tourist eVisa allows a stay of up to 30 days, while a multiple-entry business eVisa allows a maximum stay of 90 days within a 12-month period. Transit eVisas are valid for stays up to 7 days.
8. Can I extend my stay in Tanzania with an eVisa?
Yes, you can apply for an extension of your stay in Tanzania with an eVisa. You must apply for the extension at the nearest Tanzanian Immigration office before your eVisa expires. The maximum extension period is 90 days, and additional fees may apply.
9. Can I work in Tanzania with an eVisa?
No, the Tanzania eVisa does not permit the holder to work or engage in any employment activities. If you wish to work in Tanzania, you must apply for the appropriate work permit or residence permit through the Tanzanian Immigration office or a Tanzanian embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
10. What should I do if my Tanzania eVisa application is denied?
If your Tanzania eVisa application is denied, you can either reapply online by correcting any errors or providing additional information, or you can apply for a visa through a Tanzanian embassy or consulate in your country of residence. It is essential to understand the reason for the denial to avoid repeating the same mistakes in your new application.