MYANMAR VISA FOR TAIWANESE
Myanmar Visa Requirements for Taiwanese Citizens
Taiwanese citizens are required to obtain a valid visa before travelling to Myanmar. The type of visa and its validity period depend on the purpose of your visit. Generally, visas are issued for business, tourism, transit and study purposes. All visas must be applied for in advance and can be obtained from the Myanmar Embassy in Taipei.
Alternatively, you can apply for an electronic visa (eVisa), which is available online through the official government website or through an authorised eVisa provider such as Myanmar eVisa. An eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue and allows you to stay in Myanmar for up to 28 days.
Documents Required for a Myanmar Visa
When applying for a Myanmar visa, you will need to submit certain documents along with your application form. These include:
- A valid passport: Your passport must have at least 6 months validity remaining from the date of entry into Myanmar.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs: The photos should be taken against a white background.
- Proof of travel arrangements: You must provide proof of your travel arrangements such as flight tickets or hotel bookings.
- Proof of financial means: You must provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Myanmar.
- Letter of invitation (if applicable): If you are visiting someone in Myanmar, they may need to provide a letter of invitation.
How to Apply for a Myanmar Visa
If you are applying for a visa at the embassy, you will need to fill out an application form and submit it along with all the required documents. Once your application has been processed, you will receive your visa by post or in person at the embassy.
If you are applying online, you will need to fill out an electronic application form and upload all the required documents. Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email notification with your eVisa attached as a PDF file.
Processing Time and Cost
The processing time and cost vary depending on the type of visa and method of application.
If you are applying at the embassy, it usually takes 5-7 working days and costs around TWD 2,000-3,000 (USD 65-100). For an eVisa, it usually takes 3-5 working days and costs around TWD 1,500-2,000 (USD 50-65).